Pages

Monday 25 June 2018

Solar System

Image result for solar systemThere are eight different types of planets in the solar system, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Other objects of matter in 
the solar system are the dwarf planets. The solar system formed around 4.6 billion years ago and it includes the Sun and all the objects that orbit around it due to its gravity.

Venus is often called the Earth's sister because they both are almost the same size and have about the same mass. Venus also rotates backwards compared to Earth and the other planets. It is named for the Roman goddess of love and beauty and is the second largest terrestrial planet. Venus is the third brightest object of Earth's sky and the second planet from the Sun.

There are five different dwarf planets in the solar system, they are Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, 
Makemake and Eris. The other dwarf planets are found in the outer solar system. The largest 
dwarf planet in the solar system is Pluto. Pluto  is named after the Greek god of the underworld
and was discovered on February 18th, 1930 by the Lowell Observatory.

I chose the solar system for my report because I think that there are lots of interesting facts about 
the solar system. I think I now know lots of information about planets and the solar system.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey, I really enjoyed all the facts you wrote about the solar system because I always wanted to learn more about it! Keep up the good work and why do you like the solar system?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wint, I enjoy writing and reading about the solar system because I think there are lots of fascinating and interesting facts about planets and solar system.

      Delete